Birmingham Police Arrest 15 in Operation Recoil
Birmingham Police Arrest 15 in Operation Recoil. A total of 15 individuals have been arrested in an ongoing attempt by law enforcement to crack down on the illegal sales of firearms and drugs. United States Marshals and ATF agents teamed up with Birmingham Police Department’s Crime Reduction and Neighborhood Enforcement teams to apprehend the suspects in a round-up that is part of bigger effort known as, “Operation Recoil”.
The suspects arrested are accused of a variety of crimes ranging from drug trafficking to felony possession of firearms. Authorities also allege that seven individuals were involved in a nationwide scheme that used stolen credit card numbers to buy guns online. These firearms were sent to Birmingham where another group illegally sold them, often to convicted felons. According to police, much of this activity was going on in the eastern portion of Birmingham.
However, Birmingham Police Chief A.C. Roper said the following in a released statement: “Our department’s number priority is reducing violent crime. We’ve reported historic crime reductions in the City of Birmingham but much work remains to be done,”
The 15 suspects arrested by police are:
- Lance Alexander – Conspiracy to Obtain Illegal firearm
- Brian Beasley – Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- Quantrey Bryant – Credit Card Fraud, Illegally Obtaining a Firearm, Wire Fraud
- Michael Chavis – Federal Indictments
- Christopher Collins – Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- Marquette Harris – Conspiracy to Obtain Illegal Firearm
- Eric Jones – Felon in Possession Conspiracy, Possession of a Firearm during Drug Trafficking Crime, 2 counts of Possession with Intent to Distribute Methamphetamine
- Christiana Peavy – Federal Indictment
- Curtis Robinson – Federal Indictment
- Mizell Sanders – Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- Clifford Smith – Felon in Possession
- Norman Stanton – Federal Indictment
- Larry Steel – 4 Counts of Felon in Possession of a Firearm, 3 counts of Possession of a Firearm during Drug Trafficking Crime, 2 counts of Possession with Intent to Distribute Cocaine
- Lerrell Dowdell – 2 counts of Felon in Possession of a Firearm, 2 counts of Distribution of Heroin, Felon in Possession of a Firearm/Heroin
- Antonio Watkins – Felon in Possession of a Firearm
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!